Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pants are dumb



This blog post is about pants. I hate pants. I hate wearing them. I hate washing them. I hate folding them. Pants are the bane of my existence. It really does suck that pants are required attire in a professional environment. When I get home from work do I get a glass of water first? NO, I take my pants off. I understand that pants were a necessary item ten thousand years ago when mankind was scavenging for nuts and berries. They protected ones knees from scrapes and hid ones scent from attacking raptors. Just kidding, there is no hiding from an attacking raptor.

Pants are also dumb because of that phrase "We all put our pants on one leg at a time". What does that even mean? Who the hell cares how you put your pants on? The phrase should be "We all take our pants off both legs at a time because pants are dumb and no one likes wearing them".

Girls are lucky because they have the option of not wearing pants. They get to prance around in all manner of frictionless clothing like skirts and dresses. Plus, when a cool breeze comes through the door, it cools down their hoo-hah on a terribly hot day, which I can only imagine is pleasant. Pants block this breeze and instead only trap heat which means you are going to sweat all day.

Pants also suck while driving. They bunch up around the ass and knees and it means you constantly have to readjust your clothing while in traffic. I don’t think it is legal to drive while pantsless but it should be. If I am ever emperor of Earth, one of my first acts will be to allow vehicles to be driven while not wearing pants. Also, pants will be banned from my kingdom.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that there needs to be some innovation in the world of clothing. Pants had their day in the sun and it is time for them to be cast aside. Literally. Into a fire.

*Shout out to Christine for the inspiration for this post!

26 comments:

WaveLength said...

Y'all might like this alternative: http://www.utilikilts.com/ But do you have the legs for 'em???

Suzanne said...

This is pretty much awesome. :) So are you gonna try to start a revolution to get men in society to start wearing kilts and togas? How about kimonos?

Big bad Al said...

you could wear a kilt

Adithya Kashyap said...

Lol... Thats a lot about pants!!!
Hey mike, am not sure where you live, But if you were living in India, You would certainly be running around with no pants all the time.. Nice article by the way :)

Unknown said...

Awesome! I hate pants! I wear shorts year round.

Salainenmuumi said...

so true :D

Queen Meenart said...

nice one. Most guys dont really year one

Amazing Love said...

I have been trying to find this info. Just so you know I established your blog when I had looking for weblogs like my own,my blog someday and post me a ideas to let me know what you think.
Bell and Ross replica watches

HXMLET said...

http://animecoolx.blogspot.com/2011/12/la-gagis-parodia-de-lady-gaga-jajaja.html

Bethany said...

This is so good!

Anonymous said...

Tory Burch Boots and all participation public figure's micro abundant time attention activity newest trend. The public permeable website and the handset procedure, each time are the JMJ child charitable foundation make a US dollar donation in the public welfare quartz wall, but Shi Hualuo the world singular element simultaneously will also contribute one US dollar, donor's name will demonstrate on the public welfare quartz wall Tory Burch Flip Flops.
In order to encourage the more benevolence public figures to participation, the success donation's public figure has the opportunity to win iPhone the 4S handset and designs by Li Jiaxin uses Shi Hualuo the world singular element iPhone4/4S handset outer covering. Finally, the brand will use equates Shi who the final offering number and micro retransmits this active news number of times sum total abundantly Hua the Luo river world singular element, Tory Burch Sandals section of sparkle classics the work to take the eternal commemoration specially Tory Burch Flats.

jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeremy said...

You have some good elements going on here.
self storage glendale

Solene said...

omgosh this is hilarious, i totally agree.

Andi said...

made me laugh so hard man! u just made my day right there thank you!

Wholesale Jerseys said...

ray ban outletwholesale authentic quality at a cheap price
ray ban wayfarer are free shipping
ray banssunglasses are focus
ray ban wayfarerscheap from China
ray bans wayfarerin this Summer are hot selling

Unknown said...

Very funny and witty post, gave me an extra smile at the end of the day! pants definitely are dumb!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CScully said...

AGREED! I hate pants. Shorts are so much more comfortable.

Unknown said...

I like to wear shorts.
PLease also visit on these hypertext keywords:--- Indigo builds | binaural beat | music therapy | meditation


Admin said...

Thanks for wonderful article post,

Unknown said...

haha awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hai very nice blog you are having.....

Anonymous said...

http://homebusinessesforbeginners.blogspot.in/

To Start Earning Online Has Become a Major Source of Alternate Income Generating Platform for Job Persons as well as Business Oriented People, Everybody wants to earn more more Money from their Free time. But Before Starting Any Online Business We Have To Be Careful as there are many Scam Sites Which Promises big Earnings But Doesn't Give any Good Results

Double B said...

seriously made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

http://sourceofjnana.blogspot.in/

check my new blog

My Amazon.com Wish List