Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Camelot really is a silly place.



Sorry for the lack of updates the past week. Not that anyone reads this thing anyway! But yes, due to Ike and me having to scramble to get my travel plans secured, I had very little time to internet.

So after 3 canceled flights, I managed to get on the 4:00 non stop to London out of Houston. 9 very boring hours later, I arrived super exhausted. Now since this was my first time making international travel, I really did not know what to expect. The process did, however, go very smoothly and before long I was being asked by a stranger if I was "queuing" at the rental car place.

I have noticed quite a few oddities about this place that I didn't expect. For starters, when you ask for a beverage, they ask you if you would like ice with it. Apparently, you do not get it by default. Also, they REALLY do drive on the wrong side of the road. It is quite horrifying before you get used to it. Sadly, they do not have a "Royale with Cheese" at McDonalds. In my hotel room, there is a tea maker under the tv set. Everything is also pretty ridiculously expensive. That goodness this is an all expenses paid business trip or I would be out of a lot of cash.

The plan is to do some touristy type things this weekend during which I hope to get a few myspace style pictures of myself standing in front of random places. Oh well, off to bed now. My body still has yet to get over the 6 hours of time I have lost.

No comments:

My Amazon.com Wish List