Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ruck of the Irish



Today is apparently St. Patricks Day. A holiday that is celebrated by drinking obscene amounts of alcohol. A holiday so great that you don't even have to buy cards or gifts. The only rule you have to abide by is wearing an arbitrary color and everyone will be cool with you. Failure to do so will result in one of your more bubbly co-workers pinching you while ridiculing you at the same time.

And just like any holiday, you will have a few Nattering Naysayer McFunlesses who will go out of their way to let you know they dont give a damn about it. You will hear phrases such as Why celebrate St. Patricks day when I dont even drink?. Unfortunately, it makes you come across as an stereotyping hack along the lines of Why celebrate St. Patricks day when I dont even beat my wife?. How about you just stay the hell out of the conversation then, dick!

No doubt several newspapers will conjure up stock information and shove the same stupid "47 things you didn't know about St. Patrick's Day" and "Police on high alert for drunk drivers this St. Patrick's Day" stories they regurgitate year after year.

I personally will be going to the place we Play Trivia at. No doubt green colored drinks will be consumed as well as some sort of rumored stew. In case you have been wondering why I havent written much about trivia lately, the reason is simply that we have sucked it up so badly that is not even worth mentioning. Oh well, stay safe tonight you guys. And remember to punch those anti-holiday people right in the baby maker if they give you any crap.

It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!
-Irish Toast

3 comments:

Heather said...

lol. ur funny...

And I think I'm gonna go to The Mezz tonight, but prob not play trivia.

1- I am absolutely horrible at trivia and end up feeling stupid after I leave.

2- My other friends will hopefully join me. I'm pretty sure they'll come since the SoCo girls, Jameson girls, & Marlboro folks all coming out. YAY!

Anyways... I'll see ya tonight. I know you've missed me! :P

Unknown said...

"Why celebrate St. Patricks day when I dont even beat my wife?. How about you just stay the hell out of the conversation then, dick!"

Golden.

Unknown said...

I've been saying ruck of the irish in my head all day. Thanks.

My Amazon.com Wish List