Friday, June 26, 2009

Bad week for celebrities



It has been a tough week for celebrities. The anecdote that deaths happen in threes appears to have kick us in the butt once again. As I am writing this I am eating a spare egg roll, keep that in mind,

The losses of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson have once again showed how poorly the media handles stuff like this. Their deaths, while tragic, have been the focus of the 24 hour cable news networks for the entire week. The coverage generally follows this format:

Anchor: Ok were now joined by people who kinda sorta knew the deceased, welcome.

Guests1 and 2: Thank you Tom, great to be here.

Anchor: Ok so why dont you tell us all what you remember most about the deceased?

Guest 1 and 2: Blather on for 5 or 6 minutes about how awesome the deceased was while also reminding everyone how hard their struggle to be famous was at the outset.

Anchor: Lovely, thank you once again for being here. Ok we now go live to a breaking news story with Lynn Jacobs, Lynn?

Lynn: Thanks Tom, Im standing here live where I can now report that Megan Fox is bi-sexual. Sending it back to you Tom.

Anchor: Fascinating stuff. Next up, do bees think? A new study concludes that, no, they do not.


I actually had such a good time writing that up that I considered adding considerably more to it. Luckily for you, I had finished eating my egg roll and grew tired of typing. I hope the tune of that Sarah Mclaughlin song "I will remember you" was in the back of your head while you read this post. If not, well, it should have been. I suppose Green Days "Time of you Life" might have been sufficient as well. That is all.

Morbo wishes these storward nomads peace among the Dutch tulips.
-Morbo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, someone said, "I glove MJ"

funnies. /too sooon?

Jackie said...

billy mays died too...crazy.

My Amazon.com Wish List