Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stay Classy, Philadelphia.



Congratulations are in order for the Phillies, winners of the 2008 Rainfall Classic. I was actually surprised to see that both teams were able to have the intensity of being in the 6th inning of a clinching game despite it starting nearly 48 hours earlier. The series, however, was still a complete and udder blunder.

Phillies fans of course did the next logical thing, burning their city to the ground. I'm not sure what it is with places like Philadelphia or Chicago, but for some reason winning a championship turns on a part of their brain collectively that says "Hey, lets throw a bottle full of gasoline at that car!" Now, granted, I have never been part of a riot so I do not entirely know what I am missing. The one thing I do know is that I enjoy my car being on it's four tires instead of on it's roof, burning.

I admit I was fully expecting Brad Lidge to show up in the 9th with his gas can like he used to here in Houston and burn the stadium down. But he was on top of his game last night. Solid performance.

Last night concluded another year of baseball. The way the Rays went from losing 100 games just a year ago to winning the American League this year was simply epic. All in all, a good season. Hopefully the Astros will pick up a few pitchers and attempt to be competitive this year. Only 6 months to opening day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

stop rioting. this blog would be better if zero sports talk was involved. love, christine.

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! gowns with sleeves Camera Louboutin Shoes christian louboutin platforms. Simple Wedding Dresses

My Amazon.com Wish List