Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strange internet



Folks, I have found it: the pinnacle of human communication. This website allows you to instantly talk to a complete stranger on the internet. Thats ALL it does. You go there, click Start a Chat and you are then instantly connected to a conversational partner. You are free to leave the chat at any time and talk about what ever you want.

Now, we all know the internets are serious business. With that in mind here is just a sample of the conversations I had while fiddling with it yesterday:

Connecting to server...
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: hi
Stranger: hello
You: are you a chat bot?
Stranger: nope im a real person!!
You: hmm, i see
Stranger: yep
You: are you that alien from the movie sphere?
Stranger: i dunno what sphere is
You: hmm, that's what the alien would have said.....
Stranger: i swear im not an alien!!
You have disconnected.


Connecting to server...
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: Hi.
Stranger: Hi
You: How many different kinds of fish can you name?
Stranger: Not many, why?
You: It's the yardstick by which I measure all my conversational partners
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

The conversations will vary from conversational partner to conversational partner (I was even ascii rick-rolled) with the majority of them being completely idiotic. It also appears that most of the people who use this service are from Europe, more specifically Poland. I am not sure what to make of this yet, but I am fairly certain it will only end in tears. Let me know what you think!

And no, you cant has a April Fools Day joke, not yours.
My Amazon.com Wish List