Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Amanduhhhh



I was watching the film Can't Hardly Wait the other day, which is a great flick if you have never seen it. In the film, the topic of fate is discussed and I began to think about whether or not I believed in it. One of the lesser characters in the movie, the Angel Stripper, says "There is such a thing as fate, but it only takes you so far. Then it's up to you to make it happen." I guess that is a reasoning I could allow myself to subscribe to.

The more I think about it, folks who belive in full on fate ie. "everything happens for a reason", must be rather bored. Believing that nothing they do will affect the way they live their lives. For me, it would suck to know that everything I do was what I was supposed to do. That I was supposed to write this blog, today, at this time and on this topic. This would also have huge implications for future me as it means that bar stool of mine will probably never get assembled.

In a way though, I also kind of hope that their is some guiding force behind the actions that we take. However, I still want to be spontanious and give fate the finger every now and then. Just to keep it on it's toes about where it is leading my life. Perhaps fate is your conscience whispering in your ear "hey mike, it might be a good idea to put the beer down before attempting to ghost ride your car."

In the end, I have to belive fate is real. That can be the only explanation as to why this post was so woefully snoozeariffic. I didn't even feel like posting an update here today. The fate of this blog may very well be in question. But then again, if it's predetermined, there is nothing I can really do about it anyway.

That is a Fragrance of Love scented candle, bitch. Damn!
-Kenny Fisher

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's freezing in my office... fate I only wore a light cardigan???

My Amazon.com Wish List