Monday, February 9, 2009

Pizza Hut delivered this blog



I was watching tv this weekend when I saw yet another Pizza Hut commercial where they supposedly dupe a restaurant full of people by informing them that THEY, in fact, made they food they are currently eating. I have a couple hangups with this, mainly the fact that the folks who are being duped are having intense discussions about how good the food is prior to the jig being revealed.

I don't know about you, but when I am at a swanky restaurant with friends we are generally talking about a local sports team or maybe why we are so awful at trivia. We are most certainly not talking about how well the lasagna holds together. My only guess as to why everyone is talking about their food is simply this: Pizza Hut found a bunch of homeless people, dressed them up, and gave them a free meal to be in the commercial.

Secondly, once Pizza Hut reveals that they are the people who prepared the food, everyone gets all excited and claps and pretends to be embarassed. Of course you are going to be embarassed! People have been filming you eat and listening to your private conversations for later use on national television. What if I had been talking about how I was nailing this hottie at work and laughing about how my wife would never find out? I would be pissed!

Not only that, if a restaurant I was at told me that they didn't even make the food I was eating, I would almost certainly never go there again. If I wanted Pizza Hut, I would have ordered it. But no, I decided to give your craphole place a try and you then proceed to give me someone else's food? Not cool at all.

I realize that this is just a commercial and I am taking it too literally, but still. Please don't tape my converations or dupe me into eating at places I didn't intend to go to.

I didn't realize this was like The Pentagon Papers.
-Dave Nelson

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Error #3:

Please dont tape my converations or dupe me into eating at places I didn't intend to go to.


Needs apostrophe.

You watch entirely too much television.

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! dresses with sleeves!?! China iphone Louboutin Shoes Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Mermaid Wedding Dresses

My Amazon.com Wish List