Monday, December 29, 2008

2008: A Year in Review



Wow, another year gone by. 2008 was a year of soaring profits and significant one time losses. So much has happened and I will attempt to document and summarize it in a comprehensive and thorough manner. If you are asking "why the manatee picture?", I must advise you that asking of questions carries with it a fee of eleventy billion dollars.

Now, onto the film.

2008 was a year in which I traveled more than ever before. After doing some complicated math, I found that I had traveled some 13,500 miles this year which is just over half way around the world. Each place I visited was a unique experience and I nearly died on one occasion. Good times.

The majority of those miles were accumulated on the trip I took to England in September. Having never been off the continent prior to the trip, this was sort of a big deal. I also took two trips down to New Orleans. We had to evacuate from the first trip due to Hurricane Gustav and I got hit by a drunk driver on the second trip. One day I hope to have a less eventful and more normal trip down there. And lastly I went to Las Vegas and had a helluva time, you can read more about that trip here.

Aside from traveling, I was busy surviving two hurricanes. Luckily I was able to evade Gustav while in New Orleans. Hurricane Ike hit very hard and there were significant casualties in my refrigerator. Frozen hamburger patties and other assorted frozen dinners: You will never be forgotten.

I found out a few new things about myself in 2008. Mainly the fact that I am pretty good at trivia. I also discovered that I am generally unsportsmanlike when it comes to other teams who are better than ours who we naturally assume are cheating. The goal of finishing first has not yet happened, possibly due to alcohol consumption. $2.50 you-call-its + trivia != success.

Meeting new people is always great and in 2008 I did plenty of that. Going to Vegas with Andrew, Jonathan and Christine was especially memorable. Watching Rachel get wasted after 2 beers is also fun. I also, unfortunately, drifted away from one of my closest friends this year which is never something you want to happen, but that's life.

I purchased an Xbox 360 this year which I never actually intended to do. Lets just say there was a Sunday after GTA:IV came out and I was bored and impulse bought it. It has been reasonably entertaining, although I'm still waiting for a patch to come out for Fable II so I can, you know, finish the game.

I met a person this year who actually bought a ShamWOW. Not surprisingly, she was a waitress at a bar. Apparently, the thing really is a piece of crap. I also spent 0 dollars this year on paper towels. You get that camera guy?

Perhaps most importantly, this year I started this blog. Not only am I making monies by putting up ads on this thing, I also enjoy updating it. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog, hopefully you have found it to be an enormous source of information and humor. If not, well, I probably hate your blog as well.

And so this blog flames onwards. My 2009 blog: Limitless potential, boundless horizons, the unstoppable juggernaut of the internet universe.

"When I was frozen giant carrots ruled the Earth. But now they don't. It takes some getting used to."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I only got one brief mention.

h8. u.

love,
christine.
f.

Jackie said...

i think your blog is funny...it gives me another excuse to "break" from work.

m1ke said...

Glad you enjoy it! Even more glad someone is actually reading this thing.

My Amazon.com Wish List